These vegan muffins were a hit! Hope you enjoy. I was unable to take very many pictures of these because they were eaten too quickly! Yum yum… fresh out of the oven!
Makes 1/2 dozen muffins
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. Agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 C. soy milk or other milk of choice
- 1/4 C. soy yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds. (Could be replaced with other nut or seed of choice)
- 1/2 C. huckleberries. (Again, could be replaced by other fruit of choice… I think blueberries or apples would also be great!)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F
- In large mixing bowl mix together banana, agave nectar, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
- In separate bowl , mix together baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and flour.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in sunflower seeds and huckleberries to batter. Do not over mix – or batter could turn blue!
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-20 mins.
- Enjoy! 🙂
I topped mine with shredded coconut and slivered almonds before baking. Great for breakfast on the go, dessert, or an anytime snack!