Lately roasted veggies have been my go to for lunches and dinners. They’re are simple to make and packed with flavour. You can roast a wide array of vegetable types so feel free to switch it up!
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20-35 mins (depending on chosen vegetables)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp rosemary, dried or fresh
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- yellow onion
- asparagus spears
- brussel sprouts
I have not listed amount of vegetables because it depends what you want! I usually do enough to cover a 11×17 inch baking sheet. I have just listed veggies I have used for this meal pictured above.
- OTHER OPTIONAL VEGETABLES
- yam, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, etc.
- Pre heat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks or sticks.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and rosemary in large bowl.
- Place vegetables in bowl with oil mixture and toss until all veggies are coated.
- Place veggies on baking sheet and place in heated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes – flipping and tossing half way through.
- Note: If roasting hard vegetables such as beets, carrots, and yams timing may be longer.
I served with Curried Lentil Wild Rice Salad and a simple spinach and tomato salad.
I believe roasted vegetables could pair with almost anything!