This mouth-watering vegan loaf can curb a sweet tooth any day! I really enjoy the soft moist texture combined with the crunchy almonds. Mmmm Mmmm good!
Modified from this recipe.
- 2 C. shredded zucchini
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- 1 large or 2 small bananas
- 1/4 C. agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 C. vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 slivered almonds
- handful or rasins or dried cranberries…or chocolate chips!
- Pre heat over to 350 degrees F
- Mash banana and combine in bowl with agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and vanilla.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, b. soda, b. powder, cinnamon and all spice.
- Add zucchini to banana mixture and combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in almonds and rasins.
- Pour into greased bread load pan and bake for 45-50 mins.
Best part about vegan baking? You can eat all the batter and dough you want!!
Hope you enjoy this sweet loaf as much as I did!