Okay, this recipe is so good! I have gotten similar types of salad before at delis and I really wanted to create my own. This salad reminds me of Fall- with the pumpkin seeds and apples, but it is perfect for a summer picnic, potluck, garden party, or really anytime you want something delicious!
It is great as a side dish or a light main dish.
- 1 1/2 C. wild rice, cooked
- 2 C. green lentils, cooked
- 2/3 C. dried currents
- 2/3 C. sliced almonds
- 1/2 C red onion, finely chopped
- 1 apple, chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 C. roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
Note the dressing is a modified version of a curried salad from Canadian Living
Here is their recipe
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl (excluding dressing ingredients)
- In separate bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until all salad is dressed.
Now dig into this delectable creation and enjoy it!!
I’d love to hear feedback on any of my recipe posts!
Have a fabulous day!