Date and Almond base topped with fresh fruit and whipped coconut cream
This is a great dessert to make if you are crunched for time. It’s quick to make without sacrificing appearance or flavour! These tarts score a 10/10 in both categories! These tarts have minimal sugar added- they are sweet enough with the dates and fruit. I have made them with strawberries and banana but any fruit topping would work!
- 1 C. raw almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 C. dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. honey or maple syrup (more if desired)
- 5 ripe strawberries
- 1 large banana
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Chill can of coconut milk in fridge. Preferably overnight but I find that sticking it in the freezer for an hour or so also works!
- Add almonds and salt to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add dates and honey and process until everything is finely chopped and combined, resembling a crumbly dough.
- Use hand to arrange almond date mixture on chosen dishes, pressing together to compact the mixture into desired shape.
- Slice fruit and place on top of date tarts.
- Top with freshly whipped coconut cream! (for directions on coconut cream, see below)
Directions for whipped coconut cream
- Once can is chilled, open it up!
- The milk has separated into two parts. It is the thick creamy part on top that you will be whipping. Pour clear portion of can into separate cup to be used for something else…a smoothie perhaps!
- Place white coconut cream into bowl with vanilla and whip until fluffy.
- Easy as that!
Now sit back and enjoy your decadent dessert! You’ve slaved all day in the kitchen making it…or so everyone who is eating it thinks!