Rise and shine!! Here is a great recipe to start your day right. This vegan omelette is packed with protein and a great way to get in your vegetables.
- 1/4 block soft or firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp. soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. chia gel – see note below
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/2 C. kale, spinach, or other green of choice
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
Note: To make chia gel use 1 tbsp. chia seeds and 3/4 water. Let stand for 1 hour minimum. If you do not have chia seeds , you can probably make do without the chia gel or try putting in 1 Tbsp of ground flax in instead.
- In food processor, place tofu, yeast, soy milk, and chia gel.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chop vegetables into small chunks
- Over medium heat, place vegetables in a frying pan and cook until soft. Approx 5 mins.
- Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Oil your frying pan and pour tofu mixture on to it. (May have to spread out over pan with spatula if it is thick)
- Cook until it is browned and holds together. Approx 6 minutes. Season raw side with 1 tsp. oregano and 1 tsp. caraway.
- Flip over, as you would a pancake. Repeat cooking process and season with oregano and caraway.
- Once cooked, top with your veggies.
- Serve with toast, salsa, or your favourite sauce.
- Eat up!