I’ve always enjoyed egg salad sandwiches but now that I’m not really into eating eggs I decided to try make something similarly enjoyable! …and boy, was it ever good! It is a tofu salad sandwich… hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 block tofu, crumbled or chopped
- 3 pickles, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cumin
- dash of paprika
- squirt of mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fixings of your choice
- Combine mashed avocado with lemon juice and garlic. Whip up to remove chunks until smooth mayo-like texture is achieved.
- Add remaining ingredients into avocado mixture
- Enjoy on a wrap, toasted bread or as is!
- Top with your desired fixings!
Note: This time I topped mine with cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, chives, and romaine lettuce.
This is a quick and easy recipe.
Have a great day!